Filed under: Uncategorized
It’s been nearly a year since I started using the GT Xpress, and I think it’s time for a honest, official, semicircular review of the product. What’s funny is that when I got this little machine as a sort of joke gift from my cousin, I didn’t really think I’d ever use it. I also had no expectations of it. All I knew was that it was basically a waffle iron that made food in a funny shape. But then I read a bunch of reviews online saying that the non stick surface flaked off, or that it didn’t work, or that people got charged too much on their credit cards (I hope that didn’t happen to Cousin Diane!). I figured if it totally sucked I’d just stop using it, no big deal. But as you can see, it didn’t totally suck! In fact, I actually like it non ironically.
- It’s convenient! Sometimes I don’t want to turn on my oven and I just want to make 1 or 2 muffins or pancakes or something and it’s really easy to do with the GT Xpress
- It’s easy to clean. I admit that sometimes I don’t totally clean it right away, but even if i leave some crumbs on it, I can always just wipe them out with warm water later.
- It cooks evenly and quickly. Since the heat sources are so close to the food everything cooks very quickly. Muffins in 10 minutes! I was afraid this would mean that you’d have burned on the outside raw in the middle foods, but that doesn’t seem to happen.
- All your food comes out in a semicircle
- All your food comes out in a semicircle. Sometimes, I don’t want semicircular food, and therefore, I don’t cook in it or blog as much as I could.
- The name. GT Xpress is really a terrible name and I feel kind of embarrassed every time I type it. What else should I call it?
- No on off switch. Unplugging is the only way to turn it off
- Carbs! Not that I don’t love me some carbs, but it’s pretty hard to find things that will hold their half moon shape that aren’t baked goods and I’d like to be able to cook healthier stuff in here.
And now for your viewing pleasure, courtesy of youtube some people who seem really high cook with the GT Xpress and also a Portuguese infomercial.
4 Comments so far
Leave a comment